Monday, December 29, 2008

Back to Blogging

It has been a LONG time since I have felt like blogging - I've just had so much going on lately that I haven't even had time to process it all in my head, much less write it down for everyone to read!

First things first - JOHN IS GOING BACK TO AIRTRAN! Yes, we are shocked and pleasantly surprised by this turn of events!! He received his recall letter the first week of December and after taking a week to pray, seek out godly counsel, and talk to everyone he knows in aviation, he made the decision to go back. We do have to pay a large sum of money to his current company since he will be breaking his 2 year contract, but it is worth it to both of us. John has also made the decision to keep our address in South Florida and he is going to commute. Neither of us are sure how this is going to change things, but since over 70% of the AirTran pilots commute, I think that it won't be that big of a deal. John isn't looking forward to the extra flights, but I am not looking forward to him being gone longer either, so I guess we will both have to wait and see what happens. Our goal is to save, save, save so that we can move back to Georgia with a down payment - no more renting or moving, hopefully!!!

I am excited about 2009 and what God has in store for us. So many things have changed dramatically in the last 2 years - almost everything in our life is completely different than it was when we first got married, and while you would think that we would be miserable with all of the changes - 99% of which were NOT our choices - we are more content than we have ever been. I have learned a lot - more than I will ever be able to share on this blog - and I am looking forward to what lies ahead...

2 comments:

Christy Music said...

It will stink to be away from each other and I know that firsthand, but it always (well mostly always:)) makes me appreciate the times he IS actually home! Good luck over the next few months!

bugs mom said...

I have decided to come back to blogging also! the new address is luvmybugs@blogspot.com!