Saturday, January 19, 2008

Real Snow - not that 1/2 inch nonsense

Today we are having another snowfall in Atlanta. This one is a little different from the one we had on Wednesday...

As you know, Wednesday's snow was a media frenzy! Last night, the news called for snow downtown and north of Atlanta, but they really didn't say too much about those of us south of
Atlanta. The Weather Channel was kind enough to let us know that we may see some substantial amounts of snow, but the local news had no information for Fayette County.

I was in my usual Saturday morning routine - getting ready to go to work, watching the news, making my lunch - and the news still had nothing of interest to say about poor little Fayette
County. I put on every scarf, coat, hat, and pair of gloves I could find and headed out the door. As I was locking up, my cell phone rang - my boss was calling, making sure that I was not going to work today. Literally 5 minutes later, it started snowing and hasn't stopped since. They are calling for a big FREEZE this afternoon and everything will be shut down tonight and tomorrow due the fact that the roads will be ice skating rinks! (FYI - My sweet husband is supposed to be flying home from Dallas today - let's pray that he stays safe wherever they end up sending him!)

So from now on, I will be taking my weather advice from The Weather Channel and NOT Flip Spiceland!!


Here are some pictures of our gorgeous snow day...


My poor CRV!!!










1 comment:

Melissa in Mel's World said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!!

So glad to see that you are "enjoying" your SNOW DAYS!!!

xoxo,
Melissa